Thursday, March 8, 2012

Terrorist Videos – Some Measures of Production


No one can deny that a picture is worth 10,000 words. If so, then the right video can be worth even more! Terrorists are using the Internet as a key medium to display their propaganda and to recruit. Unfortunately finding a needle in a hay stack may actually be easier than finding something you are interest in on the Internet.


Recently I was exposed to www.intelcenter.com a vendor of intelligence information. One of their products, Significant Terrorist Rebel Video Guide issued on February 13, 2012.


While I haven’t viewed any of the videos, from a PSYOP/MISO perspective, I felt that a number of things were interesting:

1. The categories – subjects of the videos.

2. Number of Videos per category.

3. Producer – which organization is associated with the particular video.


Of course the listing should be viewed as a measure of production (MOP) meaning the number of items and not a measure of effectiveness (MOE) because we have no way of knowing how effective the videos are either individually or cumulatively.


In any event, since there seems to be a dearth of this kind of information available, I thought it worth passing along. Let me add that I am not endorsing the product or service, nor have I validated the accuracy of the Guide itself.

No comments: